Thursday, April 24, 2008

Anugerah Industri Muzik 2008 (AIM 15)

I am going for Anugerah Industri Muzik, AIM 15 all courtesy of Fly FM :).

How did this all get started?

I was surfing the net yesterday while taking a break from studying and logged into Friendster (which has been rather abandoned since Facebook came along). And I spotted with my eye a bulletin posted by Fly FM about walking the red carpet with Phat Fabes and Ben of Fly FM for AIM 15. For those who live under a coconut shell, let me enlightened you, AIM stands for Anugerah Industri Musik, Malaysia’s equivalent of the Grammys. So with a few clicks here and there, I sent in my entry at 8am this morning while doing some last minute studying for my 11am test.

Halfway through the test…

*phone vibrating*
Ohkulala cancels call

*phone vibrating*
Ohkulala dashes out of room to answer call thinking if the person called again with a 03 prefix, it has to be important.
Caller said Ohkulala got in!!

I was completely shocked seeing that I took part simply for the fun of it. I believe there were thousands of people sending in their entries; hence chances of winning are slim so I didn’t put any hope in it. Except that I had fun picking out a “glamorous” picture of myself. I sent in the one Ah Kie suggested yesterday. And I Won! *on cloud nine*

I don’t know why this brought upon so much excitement to me. This is not that BIG a deal honestly. And yet I feel so happy, part of me feels like I’m floating in the clouds still. Well, I guess it has been rather stressful with the immense work load. Therefore when something fun like this comes along, it is much welcomed and somehow the excitement is escalated.
So long story short, I can't wait for 3rd May. Anyone else going let me know ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gal, congrats! ^_^
i can even feel ur happiness radiating fm here, hehe

Anonymous said...

aawww... thanks dear :)

Cmate said...

Congrats!! My sister is jealous of you... hehe!