Sunday, March 23, 2008

8am Clockwork

At long last, I get to wake up as late as I want this weekend. I am exhausted from all the work and running around this whole week. Going to the lab tires me out even more and I was there in the lab the whole of yesterday.

So last night after staying up to watch 27 Dresses, I drew the curtains shut to block out all possible light from entering my room and when to bed.

After what felt like a few hours, something in me jolt and I groaned to myself. I sleep every day for all this years to be able to accurately estimate the number of hours of sleep I have gotten and what time it is roughly.

And I know that I have slept for 7 hours.

I also know that it is roughly 8am.

I peeked at my watch and I was disappointed to find out I am right. Damn!

How do I know?

I have been getting between 5 to 7 hours for the last month every single day and I am usually up latest by 8am. So I have indirectly developed a subconscious habit. My internal clock is functioning in automatic mode these days, by 8am my brain snaps out of hibernation and revs into full gear.

So there I go, despite wanting to sleep in today, like clockwork, I am up. I refused to surrender so I stubbornly stayed in bed for a bit more. But the terrible urge to pee was too much and at the risk of wetting my bed, I rushed to answer the call of nature. That blew it! After that, it is pointless staying in bed when I am fully aware of everything.

It is funny how when I wake up each morning, I wish I have more hours in bed. And on the occasion I can, I can’t sleep. Sigh…

No comments: