Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kul's-Nice-Room Mission

I'm moving to a new house, 12 doors away from Casa Maya. And in the midst of all the packing, house cleaning (omg, it was sooooo tiring *pengsan*) and furniture moving, I can't help but think how to I make my room look better. And seeing my room is slightly different from the current one, I can't use the old layout.

 

I kept visualizing in my head where I'm gonna put my wardrobe, chest of drawers, bed and study table with various combinations but nothing really striked out. I did get come creative input from the man to which I just couldn't really see it through. In fact, the thinking was so intense, I had sleepless nights equivalent to those of Transport Phenomena and Chemical Thermodynamics night before the exam paper just thinking of the room. So to put myself out of the misery, I went for ideas shopping at Ikea.

 

Well, I've been there several times but never really took the time to absorb everything nor pay attention to all the details. It's always the case of accompanying someone who already knows exactly what he/she wants so the trips tend to be very short. So last Saturday, I made a trip there determined to be armed back with fresh ideas and concepts to play around with. It felt like I was there more for inspection than a jolly trip over the weekend coz I took lots of mental notes and some pictures of things I thought would really work out. I did wish I had endless loads of money though, there were so many pretty stuff there which would cost me my 2 arms and 2 legs in the black market before I could get them all.

 

I finally settled down for this particular room as I liked the concept and it works for me. The room is also roughly the size of the one I'm moving into. My basic furniture are already available (feel so *broke* now after putting in the necessary deposits and getting some items) but it's the small details, colours, lights etc that adds the magic factor to the ambience and visual impact of the room.

 

And I sooooo want a nice lovely room to just cosy up in after a long day of work. I got an earful from mom from wanting to buy all these "unnecessary" things but hey, everyone is entitled to an awesome room kan? So if there are any kind souls out there who would like to help me out in my Kul's-Nice-Room mission, please gladly volunteer yourself. The pictures below are some remarkable items I would love to be the proud owner of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey. when are u moving?? i should be back by the 22nd of this month.. let me knw if u need help k..afterall i am going to be rather free for about a month..

Crabbed!! said...

Oh, go for awesomeness!!

Moms all around the world would say the same thing, so don't mind them!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your room..