Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Power Woman ok

Well, at least I would like to think of myself as one, strong, feisty, resilient, hence Power Woman.

 

That all came to test yesterday when I went for the Body Combat  GX class at Fitness First. Oh, you didn't know? Yeah, I've joined the gym coz I've been sitting on my ass for too many hours in the office with no form of exercise. Climbing up a flight of stairs is sheer embarrassment when the senior generation walks up with a brisk and I end up huffing and puffing. So this is my strike back – workout to keep fit!

 

Back to Body Combat. So I was in class being the first few to arrive and all geared up for a good workout after my 30 minutes on the treadmill. Everyone were regulars spare me and 2 other ladies. The music started and everyone went hah-hah-hah sync with moves. And here I was being the gentle girly girl doing my girly thing with all the karate, boxing taekwando, tai chi and also muay thai moves! Totally tak jadi la. Everyone was so pumped up, kicking, punching and striking; I knew I had level up. So I too went hiak-hiak-hiak and kick some major ass yesterday evening.

 

Looking at myself at the mirror was quite funny though. I look so small, thin and *frail* compared to everyone else. I feel like a 5 year old trying to catch up with a grown up. I do get the occasional stare with quizzical looks screaming "What in the world is this skinny girl doing here at gym? Does she really need the exercise?" Well, I didn't ask to be this small but hey, everyone needs exercise, don't you agree?

 

The full effects of the super energetic workout were felt after the refreshing warm water shower. The shoulders ache even when doing nothing. To add insult to injury, my thighs hurt too when I woke up this morning. But I guess no pain no gain huh.

 

I must say I do feel a sense of achievement. I had no idea I was capable of such moves at the fast pace. I can now even do push ups! Woo Hoo! Today would be my last session with my Personal Trainer, Rakin. And also the end of my 14 day trial which I enjoyed tremendously. I'm signing up!

 

1 comment:

Crabbed!! said...

OOoohh....please be gentle the next time I go back.

Don't wanna break my hands shaking yours...