Friday, November 13, 2009

Blegh



Knots tightening in your stomach, gassy uneasiness, the “finger” which is stuck in your throat, nausea, body ache and complete weakness of the body as if one has no bones for support. Horrible isn’t it? That’s what you get when you’re attacked by food poisoning.



Ryan is down food poisoning and I feel for him. It is a horrible feeling being so feeble and helpless. There is no better of the 2 evils; the purging or the vomiting. They both leave you exhausted and dehydrated.



Several years ago during orientation week, I came down with a severe case of food poisoning. I couldn’t hold anything in due to the constant throwing up, not even water. On my second visit to the doctor, I had to shamefully reveal my buttock for a jab which fortunately saved my life. It was that or the hospital and no way was I going to get hospitalized. The scent of sanitizers from hospital lobbies are enough to creep me out.



When I was in Cambodia, I had my other bout of food poisoning. Again I was held down by the revolting smell of food exiting my mouth a good 10 times a day. I think I lost 5 kgs in that trip. Fortunately I was at my final leg of my trip, or else what a spoiler it would have been not to see the sights and sounds of Siem Reap and Phnom Penh comfortably.



What do to when you’re sick? I take comfort in lying down snuggly on the couch to watch all the rubbish shows on tv which I would never bother in the first place for sheer waste of time. Or read a book hungrily in completition with myself to see if I could finish the said book before I recover. And most of all, to sleep and soak in mummy’s love as she takes care of me :).

No comments: